Give the gift of golf!
DemoGrid Gift Certificates are available. Contact me for more information.
Introduction to Disc Golf
If you are new to disc golf, I can teach you the fundamentals from the ground up. I will cover techniques such as the proper throwing form, driving, approach shots, putting, and basic rules of gameplay.
Diving, Midrange, Putting: Improving at Disc Golf
If you already play, I can improve your ability on any of these topics:
- Backhand throw: Proper stance, balance, reach back and pull through (eliminate rounding!).
- Hyser and anhyzer throws.
- Driving with more distance and accuracy.
- Forehand throws.
- Midrange shots.
- Putting with accuracy, short and long distance.
- Backhand rollers, forehand rollers.
- Thumber and hammer throws.
- Putting: Proper stance, balance and follow through.
- Straddle putting.
- Push putting or spin putting.
- Hyzer putting and Anhyser putting.
- Increase putting accuracy for long distance putting, 20 feet and farther out.
- Jump putts.
Driving Distance: Improving form improves distance
If you already play but need more distance, I can analyze your form and identify issues. The most common problem is “rounding”. Eliminating rounding will improve BOTH distance and accuracy.
I have developed and taught a number of disc golf classes through the Parks And Recreation departments at Penfield, Victor, Henrietta and Brighton. I developed and run the only 18 hole indoor disc golf putting league in Rochester for which I designed and created portable obstacles. Before disc golf, I have many years of teaching sports: I worked for 15 years as a professional ski instructor, as well as teaching baseball, basketball, volleyball and mountain biking.
Lessons at per hour rate
I offer individual and group Disc Golf lessons. I charge $40.00 per hour for lessons for a group of 4 or less. Perhaps get a group of friends, combine funds (to split the $40), and have some fun throwing discs while you all get better.
“A big thumbs up to Tim Bayer. Myself, William A. Downing and Matthew Cole just had a great group lesson. We had a blast and he is a great instructor. Highly recommended. Now, I gotta work on those bad habits! (And there are a few.)”
– John Thompson
“I agree, he is a great instructor!!”
– Kris Winter
“Tim is , ‘The Man!!'”
– William A. O’Dell, PDGA# 188