Disc Golf Lessons
By using masks and being careful with physical distancing, we can safely implement disc golf instruction.
Introduction to Disc Golf
If you are new to disc golf, I can teach you the fundamentals from the ground up. I will cover techniques such as the proper throwing form, driving, approach shots, putting, and basic rules of gameplay.
Diving, Midrange, Putting: Improving at Disc Golf
If you already play, I can improve your ability on any of these topics:
- Backhand throw: Proper stance, balance, reach back and pull through.
- Hyser and anhyzer throws.
- Driving with more distance and accuracy.
- Midrange shots.
- Putting with accuracy, short and long distance.
- Forehand throws.
- Backhand rollers, forehand rollers.
- Thumber and hammer throws.
- Putting: Proper stance balance and follow through.
- Straddle putting.
- Push putting or spin putting.
- Hyzer putting and Anhyser putting.
- Increase putting accuracy for long distance putting, 20 feet and farther out.
- Jump putts.
Driving Distance: Improving form, improves distance
If you already play but need more distance, I can analyze your form and identify issues. The most common problem is “rounding”. Eliminating rounding will improve BOTH distance and accuracy.
I have developed and taught a number of disc golf classes through the Parks And Recreation departments at Victor, Henrietta and Brighton. I developed and run the only 18 hole indoor disc golf putting league in Rochester for which I designed and created portable obstacles. Before disc golf, I have many years of teaching sports: I worked for 15 years as a professional ski instructor, as well as teaching baseball, basketball, volleyball and mountain biking.
Lessons at per hour rate
I offer individual and small group Disc Golf lessons for 3 or 4 people. I charge $30.00 per hour for lessons. Obviously, if there are more people it is lower cost per person but I have to divide up my time and focus among the group. If there is only one person I can provide individualized instruction.